Friday, September 13, 2013

Wait list.... uh, what wait list?

Hey everyone, I just have some really exciting news that I wanted to share. My heart is full of so much joy and hope today, so I just had to share it with you guys.

So, our home study will be complete on Oct 1, but thankfully our adoption agency is allowing us to get some of the logistical stuff out of the way now. We will be sending in some fees (thank you adoption fund) and application papers so we can have our formal consult with the agency. Usually, they like for your home study to be complete, but they are letting us do ours a bit early. This way we can hopefully get everything else to them as soon as our home study is done.... so, like, Oct 2 (at least in my mind).

My biggest news though, is about the wait list. After we apply to our agency people are first put on a waiting list. I have been informed that typically you are on the wait list for 4-6 months before you are 'actively waiting'. Well I spoke with our agency this morning and apparently they only have 2 couples, THAT'S RIGHT, TWO, on the waiting list. So it's expected that we will be going onto an active list almost immediately after we apply. This makes my heart really happy. My baby could already be growing in someone's belly.

God is good to us. He puts up with me as I am so ridiculously impatient, and still blesses us.

So I'm very excited as I go to the bank to get a money order for our adoption agency. That adoption fund has been wonderful as we haven't had to pay any out of pocket expenses yet. Today we're taking out our biggest withdrawal yet.

So excited to be getting so close, and feeling incredibly hopeful for the months to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment