Friday, September 6, 2013

Home study... Almost... done.

Hey everyone. So I thought I would quickly update you on how our home study went yesterday. It went well - consider yourself updated. Just jokes. It was good, we talked about parenting styles, discipline, money and openness in the adoption. We also touched on what we would be willing to accept - which is a really hard thing to say. We need to decide if we would accept babies that their moms used alcohol, marijuana, and other drugs - our choices are no use, small amounts or large amounts.... it's so hard to make decisions like this. So please pray for us as we make our decisions on what we will or will not accept in our child.

We have one more visit, it's on October 1. I have to admit I had a little bit of a meltdown after our home study. When we started this process it was like, "oh ya the home study takes like a month or just over a month to complete in Saskatchewan". Well ours will take three months. We started our home study July 2 and will finish it Oct 1. I thought I was doing good at being patient but I guess yesterday kinda threw me off. I know the woman conducting our home study is busy, but to wait a whole month before our next visit - our next visit is simply reading the report that she is going to write up - that's just really frustrating for me. I was really hoping to get in with our agency by August, and now it's looking more like November. I know I just need to calm down a bit, but I'm ready to be at the point where I am actually just waiting. And the actively waiting part is about 9 months from now....and we've been doing this for 9 months already.... ugh. I'm a little discouraged with our timeline, but I know that God has already chosen the child that will be coming into our home, and that gives me enough hope to get through today.

On another, less frustrating note. I wanted to share with you all that I recently just got a permanent part time job on the labour and birth unit! I'm so excited. I am really looking forward to getting my baby fix! I honestly feel like that is where I was meant to work. I don't start until Oct 14 (hey our home study will be done by then, look at that) but none the less, I'm excited. So if you are having a baby later this year, you may very well see me there!

Thanks for keeping up with the blog and sharing in our experiences, joys, frustrations and one day - our excitement as we get our baby. It really keeps us going that you guys care and share encouraging things with us through this process. Love all of you so much and thank you for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment