Thursday, June 4, 2015

The best day ever.

So, yesterday was officially the best day ever. I was woken up in the morning from a call that came from social services.

Man on phone: "Hi, it's Kevin from social services. I have a child proposal for you!"
Me: "are you serious?" (Kinda yelling)
Man on phone "(laughs) I wouldn't lie to you about that!"

After a bit more chatter on the phone, I rushed out of bed and started looking for some clothes to put on (we have some friends staying at our house so I couldn't just run around in my underwear) and I called Justin.

Me: (screaming) "someone picked us, someone picked us!"
Justin: "what? Are you serious? I'm coming home right now."

My friend Kristin heard the commotion and greeted me outside my bedroom door and we shared a tear filled hug and celebrated that this was finally happening. Then as I waited for Justin to get home so we could look at the child proposal together, I called my mom and my sister and made them both bawl profusely while at work (you're welcome ladies).

Justin pulled up, we viewed the proposal and we have since accepted the proposal. Here's the scoop.

Our son is due July 22/15. That is 48 days from now or 6 weeks and 6 days. He is healthy and I already know he is going to be the most beautiful baby I've ever seen. His birthmom said she instantly connected with our profile and wants him to have a stable two parent family.

We are so excited, it still feels like it's not real and is still sinking in. But I can't say that I am going to have a son without crying. Yesterday was a very long busy day of running around and filling out appropriate paperwork, sending the agency money and phoning all our close friends and family. But it was the best day ever.

We will be planning on having another fundraiser in the coming weeks. I have no idea what yet, but this is where all the money gets spent and we can use all the help people are willing to give us! Keep your eyes open for updates on here about the fundraiser and we hope you all can make it!

I am so excited to finally share some amazing news with you all! 2.5 years later - I am going to be a mom!

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you all! I can only imagine the excitement at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am crying! SO excited for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so blessed and are praising God for this miracle! This little boy is already so loved and six weeks can't go by fast enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, how wonderful for you!! Congratulations!! I am a newcomer to your blog but a new mother myself of an almost 5-month old (our babies will have been born in the same year!) and I just wanted to share with you the one resource that I wish I had had right from the start. It's the blog of a sleep consultant named Pam Edwards at www.weebeedreaming.com

    As a nurse perhaps you already know a lot about baby sleep (unlike me, who going in just had a fair few opinions and very little actual real knowledge!) but since my son was born and was a very difficult sleeper I have done a LOT of research on baby sleep and the Wee Bee Dreaming blog is the absolute best resource I found. It absolutely turned things around for us as we had completely overtired my little son without even realizing it at first. I just wanted to share it with you because since we've gotten the sleep figured out, every day is just such a joy with my little one. My baby gets the sleep he needs and I even get to sleep too! And when he's awake he is just always so happy and such a joy to be around because he is well rested. It almost seems easy now, whereas before I was almost at the point of despair because he was barely sleeping and so of course neither was I, but even as overtired as I was I know he needed more sleep and I just didn't know how to help him get it. I thought babies just slept when they are tired! Come to find out that especially since it became the fashion to take them everywhere, that is not even close to true. On the verge of despair and stressed to the max is not how anyone wants to spend their time with their baby, least of all you who have waited so long for your son! So that's why I just wanted to share that. I love every day I spend with my son and get to make the most of it and I just want that for every Mom which is why I can't say enough about the sleep blog! Seriously though, it makes babies actually seem so much easier than it is the norm to almost "expect" them to be... sorry, I'll stop going on about the sleep blog now... I am a little over enthusiastic just because of the huge difference it made for us!

    The joys of motherhood are absolutely indescribable, I am so happy that you will get to experience it! Your son is so blessed to enter life with the loving arms of a Mom and Dad who already love him so much just waiting to hold him. May God bless you and your family, what a wonderful time of life you are entering into.

    ReplyDelete