Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Adoption : FINALIZED!

Hello all! It's been nearly six months since I have posted, mainly because I am LOVING being a mom and spend my time loving the adorable child that is my son. I thought today was a great day to give an update. Jonah is doing awesome. He is healthy and thriving. He is an easy-going, relaxed baby. He's been sleeping through the night for several months now and has such a calm demeanor. He is freaking adorable, and only seems to get cuter as he grows.

Today is a huge day in our adoption world. We got up early this morning to appear in Florida court via telephone and finalized our adoption. It is now complete and as if Jonah was born directly to us! We are so excited that everything is completely official and gives us another day to celebrate the miracle that is our little man! We are overwhelmed at the changes we have experienced in the past six months. 7 months ago we were begging God to speed up time (and had been begging for the previous 2 and some years), now we feel that time needs to SLOW down a bit. Jonah is growing so fast. We can't keep up with how big he is getting. With every new stage though, we fall more and more in love with him. I never knew I could love someone so much and that love overwhelmed me the day that I met Jonah. It just keeps growing though. As we see his personality more and more, we just keep falling deeper and deeper in love with this beautiful boy. Man, being a mom is just the best.

Here is a photo of our family taken this morning, at 7 am, after our finalization hearing was complete. We are now official official. This is our family, and it's just awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment